PRE PERMANENT MAKEUP CHECKLIST
14 Days Prior To Procedure:
For Lip Color/Lip Tint procedure, discontinue use of aspirin, alka seltzer and any other
products containing aspirin, unless otherwise directed by your physician.
For Eyeliner, discontinue use of Latisse or any other eyelash growth serum. If not, we will have to reschedule your procedure.
7 Days Prior To Procedure:
You will get a call your doctor and get a prescription of Valtrex ( 1500mg) take 500 mg before your procedure and the rest after to prevent fever blister.
For Lip Color/Lip Tint, discontinue use of Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Midol, Alleve, Niacin, most migraine medications, vitamin E, omega 3 vitamins, fish oil, flaxseed oil, and alcoholic beverages.
3 Days Prior To Procedure:
For Lip Color/Lip Tint start the Homeopathic medication Arnica Montana-5 pellets sublingually (under the tongue) three times daily. Continue until swelling, inflammation and/or bruising has subsided. This is available at our office, or your local health food store.
1 Day Prior To Procedure:
For Lip Color/Lip Tint start Valtrex prescription to prevent cold sores/fever blisters.
The Day Of Your Procedure:
Remove all makeup and thoroughly clean face.
Eat some food, protein & carbs is great! even if it is something small, before taking the prescriptions to prevent nausea.
Take all prescribed medication no later than 45 minutes before your appointment time and be sure to bring additional Xanax and Lortab to your appointment.
You must have a driver to bring you to and from the procedure(s).
Office policy restricts number of occupants in a room during permanent cosmetic procedure to the patient and medical staff only. Any companions must remain in the waiting room area. No exceptions.
***PRE PROCEDURE FOR ALL PERMANENT MAKEUP TREATMENT***
• We highly recommend you use the Homeopathic medication Arnica Montana prior to & following your Lip color/ Lip tint procedure. This homeopathic medication reduces swelling & bruising which more typically occurs with lip color than eyeliner or brow color. Arnica can be utilized for all three permanent cosmetic procedures if you bruise extremely easily.
- Arnica Montana Directions: Can be started up to three days prior to your procedure & continued after your procedure as long as needed. The pellets should be handled as little as possible, but placed directly under the tongue, allowing quick diffusion of the medication into the bloodstream. Place 5 pellets under the tongue, 3 times a day, & allow them to dissolve. Immediately following your procedure, take 5 pellets every 15 minutes for an hour, then continue with the regular dosage until all swelling and bruising has resolved.
• If you are having Lip color/Lip tint it is recommended to stop the blood thinning agent such as aspirin, Alka Seltzer & any other medications containing aspirin 14 days prior to your procedure, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
• Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Midol, Alleve, Niacin, most migraine medications, Vitamin E, Omega 3 vitamins, fish oil, & alcoholic beverages only need to be stopped 7 days prior to your procedure to help reduce swelling & bruising. *Tylenol is a pain reliever that does not thin the blood & is fine to take prior to your procedure. The above information is not an absolute, but could help reduce swelling, bruising & recovery time!
• If you are having Lip color/Lip tint, you will be given a prescription for an antiviral medication called Valtrex. This medication prevents the aggravation of the virus that causes cold sores. Over 80% of the populations are carriers of this virus and it is a good precaution to take this medication.
- If you are an anxious person please call your primary doctor and ask for Xanax and Lortab (or generic equivalent). You are to take one of the Xanax and Lortab no later than 45 minutes before your appointment. Be sure to bring the remaining Xanax and Lortab with you on the date of your procedure(s), in case you need to take any additional medication prior to or during your procedure. **You will need a driver to bring you to and from your procedure(s).
- You will need to go straight home and rest because you’ve just had a surgical procedure done. You must keep the area clean and free from bacteria. So, stay away from all public places.
• Please remove all makeup before coming to your procedure(s).
- If you are having Eyeliner done please wear glasses to your procedure appointment. You may wear them again 48 hours following your procedure
- If you are having your Eyeliner (initial procedure or touch up) done, you need to stop using Latisse or any other eyelash growth enhancement serum 14 days before your procedure.
**We highly recommend you to change your sheets and pillow cases before coming to your appointment so you don't forget. Any dust, dirt or bacteria that get in the tattooed area may cause an infection.
- You will need to wash all of your makeup brushes with dial soap antibacterial and spray it with 90% alcohol before using it on healed areas.
- You will need to follow these instructions for your touch-up procedure(s) as well.
•Office policy restricts number of occupants in a room during permanent cosmetic procedures to the patient and medical staff only. Any companions must remain in the waiting room area. No exceptions.
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PEMRANENT MAKEUP
•Apply cold, damp chamomile teabags that have been steeped and refrigerated. Apply teabags directly to your eyelids. This can be done for 20-30 minutes at a time and will help to reduce swelling and redness. You may continue to use these until any redness or swelling subsides.
•Apply ointment sparingly to eyeliner in the morning and the evening. Use a Q tip to apply, NEVER YOUR FINGERS!!!
- Do not use Latisse or any other eyelash growth enhancement serum for at least 7 days after the procedure.
*Keep your lips clean to prevent infection & fever blisters; no licking! for the first three days drink your beverage through a straw. Avoid salty/ spicy/ hot temperature/ acidic foods until healed. After each meal be sure to rinse your lips with cold water and BLOT them dry.
- Keep your lips clean to prevent infection & fever blisters; no licking! for the first three days drink your beverage through a straw. Avoid salty/ spicy/ hot temperature/ acidic foods until healed. After each meal be sure to rinse your lips with cold water and BLOT them dry.
- USE only natural toothpaste.
- DO NOT use toothpaste with bleach, peroxides, chemicals, and abrasives
- If you get fever blister be sure to purchase ABREVA (over the counter) to apply on it.
- After scabs have come off use PawPaw ointment until the chapped feeling subsides.
- Put ice in a clean zipblock bag and apply it lightly to the lips to helps to reduce swelling when used within the first 48 hours in intervals of 20 minutes on and 40 minutes off. It is important to apply lightly to the lips when put pressure after you’ve put it on the lips to reduce pain. It is helpful to keep pressure on the lips when you feel the pain coming.
•Your lips will be feel raw and swollen for several days. You will experience redness, tenderness, itchiness and/or burning, which will subside over time.
Initial bright color will usually begin to peel within 3-4 days, and may continue to peel for up to 10 days. Pigment will look very dark and bright right after the procedure. Color will fade and soften 50%-75% in about 2 weeks.
lips will be tight and dry for several weeks following the procedure. DO NOT expose your lips to prolonged sunlight for several weeks after your procedure. You may continue to use the ointment as a moisturizer after your lips heal, but it does not contain SPF, so it is a good idea to purchase lip balm containing SPF.
- Do keep lips clean and moist with vitamin E and vaseline , use a clean cool wet washcloth tap on the lips to clean. NEVER GO BACK AND FORTH. Apply a generous amount of Vaseline as many times as necessary during the day to keep lips moist. Apply only with a q-tip. color will continue to change a great deal after they have peeled. You will see your final color around 4-6 weeks after your procedure. Everyone heals at a slightly different rate and color retention varies for each individual based on age and health.
- DO NOT take hot showers or baths and avoid heavy exercise, saunas, and hot tubs for 10 days because this will cause the color to sweat out of the skin. Apply an extra coat of Vaseline before washing treated areas, same goes for bathing or showering. This will protect the healing area from bacteria, soap and other debris or particles. Always try and wash around the treated area.
- Avoid the sun as much as you can especially the first week. The sun fades permanent makeup. After 1 week a sun protection moisturizer, balm or chap stick can be worn to protect the color.
- HEALING TIMELINE:
- Everyone heal differently, here’s a general timeline
- Day 1-2 light to moderate swelling for eyeliner and lips. Everything will appear brighter and darker/ bolder than the healed result. You may experience discomfort for which you can take an over the counter pain reliever.
- Day 3 Swelling is typically almost gone. The treated area will feel tight as the scab is forming. Lips will feel very chapped. Apply VASELINE ON IT!
- Day 4 Scab has formed, treated area feels tight. If you tend to heal faster you will experience peeling now.
- Day 5-7 Scab will flake and fall off on its own. After the scab falls off, the brow and eyeliner may appear ashy initially due to the thin transparent layer of dead skin. Lips will appear very pale/ bright.
- Day 14 Final healed color for brows and eyeliner
- Day 28 Final healed color for lips
- If your lips have not healed within one week contact our office immediately!!!!
LONG TERM AFTERCARE: PERMANENT MAKEUP
- Use a good sunscreen (SPF 40+) daily on your permanent makeup treated areas to reduce fading. When using a tanning bed remember it will significantly fade your tattoo.
- If you go outside a lot and love to be in the water be sure to apply baby sunblock in a stick form so it’s more convenience to re apply as instructed.
- Any medical treatments that includes chemicals will cause your pigment to fade quicker.
- Always use vaseline to your treated areas (excluding eyeliner) before getting any chemical treatment to the face.
- Clarisonic and exfoliating products should NOT go near the treated area because it will cause fading.
- Lips: always use a lip treatment with SPF in it to prevent color fading.
PERMANENT MAKEUP MICROBLADING/ EYEBROW AFTERCARE
•Apply ointment sparingly to eyebrows in the morning and the evening. Use a Q tip to apply, NEVER APPLY WITH YOUR FINGERS!!!
Following All procedures:
•When an area starts to peel, DO NOT PICK or SCRATCH!!!!! Let it flake or peel off on its own, otherwise you could prematurely remove color. Eyeliner usually flakes within 4-6 days. Eyebrows can take up to 10 days to flake. Lips will usually exfoliate within 5-7 days.
•ABSOLUTELY no makeup, facial cleansers, chemicals or water for one week on the treated area(s) after the procedure. This includes Latisse or any other eyelash growth enhancement serum (for eyeliner procedure). When cleaning your face, clean around the areas treated.
•Keep continuous water away from the treated area(s) as much as possible. DO NOT scrub or clean area. DO NOT soak treated area(s) in bath, swimming pool or hot tub. DO NOT swim in lake, salt, or chlorinated pool water, DO NOT TAN or SUN BATH, This is important to retain color and prevent infection until healed.
• Failure to follow these instructions in their entirety may result in a loss of pigment, discoloration, infection or scar tissue. I would like to see you four weeks following your first treatment. You will also need to schedule a touch-up procedure no sooner than 6 weeks and but within 6 months of the initial procedure date. *There will be a additional fees for any additional touchups or maintenance procedures in the future.
• Maintenance procedure(s) do not include a touch-up.
• You will need to follow these instructions for your touch up procedure(s) as well.
If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to call (405) 589-2494. Thank you! Michelle Campbell
Lash Spa | Permanent Makeup, Microblading | Lash Lift/ Tint | Threading| Waxing| HydraFacial MD Elite
©Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved Lash Couture Edmond OK
708 W. 15th Street | Suite # 150
Edmond, OK 73013 405-589-2494
©Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved Lash Couture Edmond OK
708 W. 15th Street | Suite # 150
Edmond, OK 73013405-589-2494