Eyelash extensions are an amazingly powerful way to enhance your natural beauty, increase eye contact and boost your confidence. Lash Couture is dedicated to exceeding your expectations in all aspects of the menu we provide and the products we sell. We hand select and test the best product in the market to make sure you get the absolute best in highend/ luxury products. We only use the highest quality of Eyelash Extensions, Medical Facials, Permanent Makeup Pigments, and Adhesives. At Lash Couture, you are paying for the highest in quality and experience.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are a popular new service and product that lengthens and thickens your own natural eyelashes. Lash Extensions are semi- permanent single strands of synthetic or 100% real Mink fur eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are weightless and were developed to mimic your natural lashes. It is applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one very meticulously for a natural, beautiful and luscious look. Eyelash Extensions are perfect for special occasions or for day to day wear.
What is the difference between Classic vs Volume?
Classic is a method where 1 lash extensions is applied to 1 natural lash. This method is also know as 1 to 1. Classic lashes are perfect for clients who already have a lot of lashes but want to add more length or clients who simply just want a more natural look.
Volume lashes (3D) is also know as Russian Volume. It is when multiple lash extensions are applied to one single natural eyelash, using very thin and light weight extension lashes. When 2 extensions are applied to one natural lashes, this is described as 2D. If 3 extensions are applied to one natural eyelash, then this is described as 3D, etc. As this method requires using very thin and light weight lashes, lashes appear lighter, fluffier and gives the client a fuller look. This method is perfect for clients who don't have a lot of lashes, have sparse lashes, bald spots or just want a more dramatic look without having to use mascara.
How long do eyelash extensions last?
For some, it may last for a couple months. While others may shed within a couple days. All hair on your body follows a specific growth cycle and will grow to a specific length before shedding. Because each individual eyelash is in its very own growth cycle, it is perfectly normal to lose a few natural eyelashes everyday. Your individual eyelash cycle, combined with how well you care for the eyelash extensions will determine how long they last. With proper care and regular maintenance appointments (every 2-4 weeks) your extensions can last indefinitely.
What is the application process?
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while Xtreme Lashes® Eyelash Extensions are applied one at a time to your own natural eyelashes. There is no discomfort or pain involved in the procedure. In fact, most clients find it is so relaxing and comfortable that they fall asleep
How long does the application take?
The average full-set of eyelash extensions takes approximately 2 hours for Classics and 2.5-3 hours for Volume. The average maintenance appointment for touch ups/fills depend on each client and their lash cycle.
Is it safe for my eyes?
Eyelash extensions, when properly applied, are completely safe. The extensions are applied with a special adhesive that is similar to what is used in the medical field for suture-less stitches.
What kind of adhesive do you use?
The type of adhesive we use for lash extension application is called cyanoacrylate. Most known brand is Xtreme Lashes.
Will eyelash extensions damage my lashes?
When eyelash extensions are properly applied, they will not damage your natural eyelashes. Your natural lashes are always shedding and cycling back, the extensions should simply fall off with yours. The extensions themselves do not cause your lashes to fall out or become damaged unless your technician is not properly trained and is applying extensions that are too long or thick for your natural lashes.
What do eyelash extensions look like when applied?
They are replica of your eyelashes only 1-2 mm longer. A skillfully trained Lash Couture trained Professional will ensure that there will be NO clumping with precise application before you leave. It will be a lash-for-lash application so you can expect perfectly separated, gorgeous lashes.
How do I care for them?
The more meticulous you are about caring for your eyelash extensions, the longer you can expect them to last.
- Use ONLY water based and OIL-FREE products around your eye area, including mascara and makeup remover. Oil breaks down the adhesive bond. Creams and serums should be applied sparingly, and no closer to than the orbital bone. Anything that hasn't absorbed after 2 minutes can be blotted with a tissue or blotting paper.
- Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all as wearing mascara will weigh down your lashes and cause them to fall out prematurely.
- Always wash your eyelashes with Lash Couture recommended cleanser. Applied gently with your fingers and wash with water every single day. Remember, eyelashes are meant to protect our eyes from debris, dirt and dust.
- Dry thoroughly by blotting (not rubbing) with a towel or blow drying on a cool setting, then spin through with a clean mascara wand.
- Avoid using cotton swabs or pads that will leave lint and catch on your extensions.
- Avoid using an eyelash curler as it break your natural eyelashes and kink in your eyelash extensions, hence reducing the life of your extensions.
- Do not rub, pick, twist or pull at your lashes or eyelash extensions. If you would like them removed, please contact our salon (405)-589-2494
- If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow.
- Be gentle with your lashes. How you care for eyelash extensions will directly affect the look of your lashes as well as the length of time between touch-up appointments.
- If you experience any pain, redness or irritation, contact Lash Couture immediately.
It is not recommended to wear mascara over the eyelash extensions as it can weaken the bond of the adhesive and cause premature loss of the extensions. However, you may wear water-based, non waterproof mascara on the lower lashes, being careful when applying and removing them. Waterproof mascara is NEVER recommended.
Can I use lash curlers?
Eyelash extensions do not require additional curling. If you are looking for more curl, ask your LASH COUTURE lash stylist to apply a curlier extension. If you need to curl your natural lashes to blend them in, the only recommended type is a heated eyelash curler. Never use mechanical curlers.
Is it approved by FDA?
The FDA does not currently regulate eyelash extensions, nor do they approve eyelash extension adhesive. If a company is claiming they or their products are "approved" by FDA, they are sadly misinformed.
Eyelash extension regulations vary widely between countries, and even from state to state. In the USA, many states DO require you to be a licensed esthetician or cosmetologist in order to perform an eyelash extension service.
How will I know what "look" to choose?
Your LASH COUTURE Professional will perform a thorough consultation before applying your Full Set of eyelash extensions to determine your desired effect and suitable lengths and diameters to use. If you would like to make any adjustments, you can advise your LASH COUTURE Professional of requests before or during your subsequent appointments.
What type of lashes do you use?
We stock an extremely wide selection of lash lengths, thickness, and curl shapes. This variety ensures you the best look for your eyes, and not just the most popular sizes. We use 100% polyester fiber extensions, otherwise knows as synthetic minks.
We also carry real mink lashes, which are cruelty free, obtained by gently brushing live animals, without harming them. This gentle, meticulous procedure ensures that no animals are harmed during the entire harvesting process, while preserving the quality of the harvested fur. In addition, every single lash are sterilized and hand assembled to ensure quality and durability.
What if I have skin sensitivities and allergies?
Skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely rare and your safety and care is our utmost concern. We use the highest quality products and sanitation protocols in the industry. However, LASH COUTURE is not liable for reaction due to our products used. If you are concerned, please call LASH COUTURE for a patch test several days before your appointment.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes! We work by appointment only. If you would like to schedule an appointment, the fastest way is ONLINE! Or call (405) 589 2494 and have your credit card details ready. Please be sure to note our cancellation and rescheduling policy.
Before your appointment:
- If you use water proof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
- Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup free. The more time your LASH COUTURE Professional has the spend cleaning your lashes, the less time you have for the application - less lashes applied. This is important for touch ups/ fills also.
- Remove contact lenses before your appointment. Wear glasses if possible to avoid irritation from the cleanser.
- Avoid hot steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools for the first 24 hours.The lashes need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application and make sure your eyelashes and eye area are covered during application.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24-48 hours!
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Never use an eyelash curler with your extensions.
- ONLY use oil free make up remover.
- Use only mascaras that are Xtreme Lashes. No oil-based or waterproof mascaras.
- Only apply your extension mascara to the tips of your lashes. You you absolutely need to.
- When removing eye makeup it is best to use only oil-free makeup remover and then follow up with Xtreme Lashes eyelash wash to remove any residue.
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it is best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry ( hand fan)
- Proper hygiene is important; please keep lashes clean by regular washing.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil based products can break down the adhesive.
- Most importantly, sleep on your back so you don't lose your lashes.